Thursday, March 01, 2012

A Ryan Gosling Movie the Cine-Sib and I Can Both Love

The Cine-Sib and I both hate sappy romances (ugh, "The Notebook") and he doesn't share my enthusiasm for indie character studies like "Half Nelson," but here's a movie project (shooting on location in Thailand) we can both agree on enthusiastically.  Hey girl, we're heading into Bangkok's violent criminal underworld, complete with drug trafficking, murder, revenge, betrayal, and Thai boxing.  What's not to love?  Plus Kristin Scott-Thomas the head of a crime family -- the Godmother!  As Kipling did say, "The female of the species is more deadly than the male."  This should be good.  Really good.  It ought to be, since Nicholas Winding Refn is directing, and I loved "Drive," his previous collaboration with Gosling.  I'm hoping for another dark, slick work of stylishly artful mayhem.  The exotic Thai setting should be simply fabulous.  Oh, and the movie title?  "Only God Forgives."  I can't tell you how glorious I think it is.


UPDATE:  Bloody swordfights are involved!  AWESOME!  This project's sounding more and more like a cool Asian action flick, and you know how much the Cine-Sib and I love those.

No comments: